IO Interactive is looking for a full-time Writer to join Project 007, a brand-new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI. Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
Give life to game vision by joining our writer’s room and together define the story for our Bond universe and character, through both linear and non-linear narrative. As part of the team, you will be a key player between narrative and game vision and will help marry the two into one immersive and compelling game experience. We will count on you not only as a narrative designer but also a creative thinker who sees opportunities within story for achieving the best player experience.
You will join a team of writers that have been an integral part in creating the world of HITMAN, and are excited to define this wholly original Bond story, together with a new team member. If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you! We’re looking for the very best talent from all over the world to join our studio, and the role requires relocation to either Copenhagen (Denmark) or Malmö (Sweden).
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Participate in a highly collaborative Writer’s room and team up with the Game Director, to ensure that mission stories, characters and feel are in line with the overarching story and the game’s creative vision.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to build locations, cutscenes, quests, and in-game dialogue that tell coherent, clever, and powerful stories.
- Write compelling in-game dialogue and construct narrative and missions design, which represent a key aspect and requirement for this role.
- Create complex storylines and in-game subplots. This means scenarios, story-arcs and objectives that are tied to larger story goals and have a red thread that leads the player down a story path.
- Structure and write story outlines, character-driven scenes with substantial dialogue, and ancillary copies within tight deadlines, owning the process from concept to final product.
- Write and edit character intel, objective text, and other narrative pieces.
- Round it up with backstory documents describing the world's places and inhabitants both old and new.
- Review and provide feedback for submissions from other writers, both internal and external.
Who we are:
- You understand game mechanics and can write and communicate efficiently in the logic of designers.
- You have experience as a senior, lead or main writer for a first- or third-person AAA game.
- You have thorough experience with writing in-game dialogue, missions, and non-linear narrative structure (I.A narrative design).
- Experience writing powerful stories in collaboration with various other disciplines in the production of a video game.
- You have experience with obtaining licenses and having to go through ‘gates’.
- You have been part of a writer’s room, with plenty of collaboration and a culture of trust, mutual feedback and reliability.
- You have a strong passion for interactive storytelling.
- You understand the tone and style of the James Bond franchise and character.
- Have a good feel for British tone.
- We require a portfolio, of 1-2 writing samples that showcase your strongest narrative design work, and a longer/screenplay sample of appx. 10 pages or less (submit as 1 file).
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 28 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we support full relocation and VISA support, for you and your family.
Please submit your portfolio as described above (1 file), Motivational letter and CV.