IO Interactive is embarking on a new journey -- into the world of emergent multiplayer on a unique unannounced project that we believe will shape the future for years to come of both our studio and the relationships we’ve built with our players. When it comes to developing this new console project, we are seeking a skilled Gameplay Programmer to join our game team and build out this exciting and unique project. You will be part of a core team of developers with the chance to impact how this exciting game will play and feel like. We can offer the immersive mastery we are known for, on a whole other level of player interaction.
With a strong studio culture dedicated to high quality of life, supported by transparent communication and supportive engagement with our team members, we are seeking individuals who can see the vision and take the leap on this new adventure that promises to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience for players. Our world-class locations in Copenhagen, Malmo and Barcelona offer flexibility, superior benefits, a high commitment and respect for the individual.
Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of our success as a studio. Winner of Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019, our engine is built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development. Glacier was designed from the ground-up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking and debugging. This has been achieved through a highly-optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
If impact, finding creative solutions and sustainable development is what perks your ears up, then this is meant to be.
What you will do:
Because of its key importance, you can expect a quick recruitment process for this role!
Who you are:
- In short, your main responsibility will be to program features in areas such as 3Cs (character, camera, controls), combat, game mechanics, environment scripting and markup.
- But at the same time, we want you to have a feel for the visceral, second-to-second player experience and interaction. Tell us what you know, inspire us, and show us what you mean by bringing it to life through great gameplay setup.
- You probably guessed it: as a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will own and develop large features of the game. Whether it is strategic AI, camera control, and progression systems, this game will feel like you.
- You will not only get to make the game come alive on screen, but to also make it an awesome and fun experience.
- As a gameplay programmer with 3Cs experience, your input will be highly valued, as it will compliment the existing skillset internally.
- As part of the project team, you will work cross-disciplinary with content providers, testers, game and level designers, animators, and other programmers to get a unified, ambitious and seamless player experience.
- You have at least 5 years of professional gameplay programming experience, on a AAA title, preferably multiplayer.
- You have hands-on expereince with AI and 3C's (character, camera, controls) implementation.
- You might say about yourself that you have 'touched pretty much all sides of gameplay'. We like that. But we especially like it if you have worked with 3Cs.
- You have had full circle responsibility for features and seen them through from start to finish, in collaboration with your team.
- You will work day-to-day in C++, so we expect you have a strong foundation and understanding of the best practices
- Some knowledge of C#/.NET is a plus
- Well-founded in mathematics, algorithms and data structures.
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you – a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find the optimal solutions. As a member of the team, you will have appreciation for your input, and you will get to see your work in a game played by millions. We don’t just work – we also celebrate milestones and take the time to look around and give some well-deserved kudos. You will get to work on our multiplayer title, but also build the gameplay exprience of our future titles. Finally, you will be part of a crazy-good team of programmers who are really eager to have you on board!
Who we are:
Did you know we won Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
You will also get to work on Glacier, an engine that still makes even our most senior programmers get giddy about how cool it is. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek, and give you the creative and technical freedom we know is so important!
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people of over 30 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Copenhagen, Malmö or Barcelona studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English. If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Marina at email@example.com.