IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Senior Character Concept Artist to join Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI. Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
We are looking for an artist that will join our team and build out this exciting and unique project. If you are interested in visual storytelling, visual drama, lighting, timeless style and aesthetics, we should have a conversation about unleashing your creativity into the iconic James Bond universe.
You will collaborate with the Art Director, Leads and other Team Members to achieve the creative vision of the project. You will be constantly striving for the highest possible standards of style and looks that are suitable for the James Bond universe. Ongoing responsibilities include producing concepts for locations, characters and other game assets as well as working on wrapping and marketing material, etc.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Work with the Art Director to achieve the creative vision and a consistent style in the game.
- Establish style by creating concept artwork, asset production designs, and graphics visually describing characters mainly, but also helping out with locations, props etc.
- Create inspirational storyboards, sketches, layouts and color schemes.
- Create great clothing concepts which provide the aesthetic value needed to help bring Bond, and all of the Bond universe, to life in our game.
- Work with direction creating concepts for menus, OSD, HUD and game wrapping when relevant.
- Create concepts and make marketing material to support the production.
- Work with environment artists on early 3D visualization prototypes.
- Assist and give feedback in the actual creation of game assets like models and shaders.
We would love if you had:
- Accomplished concept artist preferably with experience of working on at least one AAA title
- Excellent drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, light and color theory
- Understanding of surface texture, anatomy and architecture
- Ability to respond elegantly to impactful creative changes
Who we are:
- Fine Art or Design Education background.
- Capability of creating artwork on various and diverse visual styles.
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris …).
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Barcelona and Malmö studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same. The position is open in all our offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation. Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!