IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time lighting artist to join our amazing studio in either Barcelona, Copenhagen or Malmø.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation packages in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
As an integral part of the team, you will collaborate with directors, leads and other team members to achieve the creative vision of our projects. For starters we are looking for you to join Hitman and ongoing responsibilities include lighting in-game environments and characters, tweaking post filters, shaders, materials, textures for the desired looks, optimizing the lighting for the best run-time performance etc.
Your goal is to set new standards for mood, looks and lighting in our games. We are aiming high and so should you! That is why we hire skilled crafts but recognize how the person behind is the asset to our great studio and our entire team across projects. We want you for the future on many different and exciting projects - starting with our renowned IP Hitman.
What you will do
Who you are
- Light in-game environments, characters, and cinematics using IO Interactive’s proprietary engine and tools
- Make sure the lighting is coherent throughout the game experience and that it guides the player wherever needed
- Work with the art director and concept artists translating concepts and moods, realizing the intended lighting of environments and characters inside the real-time game engine
- Add final lighting-related polish to existing graphics (e.g. by tweaking shaders and textures)
- Optimize lighting of game environments for performance and to comply with different platform specifications
- Create and maintain post process effects
- Fix lighting related bugs
- Work with programmers and technical artists in R&D developing new features and techniques to use in production
- Accomplished game lighting specialist, with extensive experience working in real-time game engines.
- Excellent understanding of lighting fundamentals.
- Understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making.
- Full understanding of common game lighting and rendering techniques and methods (PBR).
- Experienced in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, ...).
- Experienced in one or more game engines.
- Expert in Photoshop.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
We would love it if you had
- Fine art and/or cinematography background/hobby/interest.
- Experienced photographer and in making photo manipulation.
- Excellent graphic skills and significant knowledge of art fundamentals.
- 3d sculpting or modeling skills.
- Experience as a 3D environment artist.
- A passion for video games is mandatory.
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Barcelona and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people with a strong focus and respect for the individual. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and we have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in Malmö, Copenhagen or Barcelona and we welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application and portfolio in English.