IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Lead Cinematic Animator to join Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI.
Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
We are looking for a Lead Cinematic Animator that will join our game team and build out this exciting and unique project. If you're interested, we should have a conversation about unleashing your skills into the iconic James Bond universe.
You will work closely together with game designers, level designers, animators, and tech programmers.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Define the standard for cinematic animation at every stage, from concept, to animatics, to actual animations that get implemented in the game.
- Focus on character performance, and cinematics that reflect the personality of the character, and show their motivation, emotions, and fully immerse the player into the game narrative.
- Work closely with game director and animation director to realize the vision for cinematics.
- You will make sure that the animations can play well in a level and connect with the rest of the gameplay experience, making the transition between cinematic and gameplay moments feel seamless.
- Review animation and implement feedback from Game Director and Animation Director.
- Plan, prepare, and supervise motion capture shoots using our in-house motion capture studio.
- Define the assets that reflect the story and gameplay feel, and help create those assets together with the animation team.
- Monitor performance and optimization of facial animation.
- Create cutscenes and performances, emphasizing weight, timing & silhouette to create visually stunning cinematics for in-game integration.
- Work closely with directors, producers, artists, designers and programmers to set a standard of excellence for animation that will define the future of IOI’s titles.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- You are passionate about storytelling, composition, and dialogue.
- You have experience with facial motion capture and facial animation.
- Experience with both motion capture and hand-keyed animation.
- Highly skilled in Maya.
- Minimum 5 years working with cinematic animation, for movies or video games.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human face and figure to create realistic character animations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that will help you grow and guide a team of talented animators.
- You have a creative and holistic mindset, in order to bring innovation and resolution to technical challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Experience of film editing, lighting or VFX.
We would love if you had:
Who we are:
- Experience with a game engine, such as Unreal, Unity or a bespoke engine.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder, 3ds Max, rigging and skinning.
IO Interactive is highly international, with 28 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Sandra at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your applications!